Friday, November 30, 2007

Yes, I've been tagged and I'm finally posting it

Here are six things about me.
1. While I was in college, during the summer I would go country dancing in Mesa, Arizona with a group of friends. I even had/have a pair of cowgirl boots and I hate to say it but I even wore Wranglers. Giddy Up!

2. I just finished my first book since Tommy was born. Kiki Strike Inside the Shadow City by Kirsten Miller. I recommend it.

3. My parents are both from NY so in High School we went to Niagara Falls for a vacation. I think I was a Junior. My parent's friends took us to Lake Ontario for a boat ride. It was a beautiful day and we stopped by a little cove that had a rope swing. My brothers ( I have two) and I got out and thought we'd give it a try. While my brothers took their turn I thought to myself, " I am going to out swing those two and swing out the furthest." (childish I know) Little did I know the boat had slowly drifted into the area that I thought was the "farthest of all rope swings". Unfortunately by the time I actually turned and saw the boat, I swung smack into it with my leg and barley missed the motor by six inches. Why didn't I just let go of the rope a foot before I ran into the boat? I don't know! And to top it off, I still have an indentation on the back of my leg to prove it.

4. I want to be a Jazzercise instructor and I secretly want to be a ball room dancer.

5. When I was little, I would smile toothless because I had a huge gap between my front teeth. Sorry, no pictures folks, those are locked in a vault.

6. I played tennis in college and traveled on a bus to the different schools. Most of the time we would leave really early in the morning or late at night. Each player would have their own seat on the bus but trying to sleep wasn't the easiest thing so, I would bring a small raft to sleep on in the aisle of the bus. Do I think I actually got more sleep because of the raft? Not really! But it was a good idea.

5 comments:

Katie November 30, 2007 at 9:06 PM  

The secret inner workings of Katherine...I love it!

Kenny, Tara, Ashley December 1, 2007 at 8:54 AM  

I also went country dancing when I was in college and LOVED it! I even tried to get Kenny to go with me once. Yeah right. I didn't have boots or wranglers though. AWESOME!

lisa h. December 2, 2007 at 7:02 PM  

i can totally see you as a ballroom dancer!

Chris and Reba December 3, 2007 at 8:05 PM  

I think the raft idea was a great idea. Did it slide down the aisle when the bus stopped?

Heather December 17, 2007 at 6:15 PM  

So interesting thanks for sharing! I need to dust off my racket.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP