Friday, June 27, 2008

A few other things...

We built a garden about two weeks ago. We have tomatoes, broccoli, corn, cantaloupe, and green beans. I hope we didn't plant the tomatoes too late and I think I planted the broccoli too close together. That's ok though, I am learning!

Katie (my expert gardening friend), are you proud of me, or what!!!




Tommy thought we should plant his own garden by digging in the plant box off of the deck.

Other news........


Kassie cut her hair!!!!! It was a pretty traumatic experience for us both. I was up stairs resting while Kassie was down stairs supposedly having quiet time when the incident occurred. She came up stairs with a chunk of her hair and said she had to cut her hair because it was getting in her face. I asked her how much she cut and then she pulled a LARGE hand full out of her pocket. As soon as I saw all the hair, I completely lost it. We both ended up crying our eyes out for a few minutes. Kassie was absolutely traumatized by the whole thing and had to take a nap after all the commotion. I then proceeded to clean up her beauty shop hair do by finding clumps of her curly hair throughout the house. Luckily, Kassie does have curly hair and you can't tell ,but needless to say, she is not allowed to use scissors for a long time!!!!!



4 comments:

Denise June 27, 2008 at 11:52 PM  

I can sure feel for you on the hair cutting episode (Calvin cut his hair and clare's hair in this last month). It is good that her hair is so curly and that it doesn't show too much.

J.R. and Meg +3 June 29, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

I am jealous that you have a garden--good work! I don't think I am going to try and attempt one this year--too hot! Oh Kassie, why does every kid have to go through and try this? Luckily the damage looks good on her curly hair though.

lisa h. June 29, 2008 at 7:58 PM  

oh no! it seems to be going around! i better start locking up our sciscors! i guess lee is about to start intern year...i hope it goes well...usually depends on the month for us. great garden...i should just do one, it seems very daunting!

Anonymous June 30, 2008 at 8:41 AM  

your garden looks great!

oh Kassie...poor girl! Her still looks as cute as ever!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP