Thursday, August 21, 2008

Choppin' Broccoli


Our garden has been doing very well this year. The kids and I enjoy taking care of it every day. A few weeks ago we were finally able to eat the broccoli. After I washed it and prepared it, I noticed one tiny green worm on one of the florets, but as you know, when there is one worm there has to be more. Sure enough there were more worms than I can count on our beloved broccoli. I almost threw in the towel and tossed it in the garbage but I did end up being able to pick all the tiny little creepy crawly things off and we were able to eat our broccoli. The funny thing is, in this picture, Kassie has no idea about all our little friends hiding in the broccoli.

4 comments:

Em August 21, 2008 at 10:53 AM  

How awesome to have a garden (sans the worms, of course).

Anonymous August 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

MMMM, green wormie protein. LOL!

lisa h. August 25, 2008 at 1:11 AM  

ahh little trees...i still can't quite convince my kids broccoli is good.

umm i love dana carvey....

Chris and Reba August 27, 2008 at 8:50 AM  

I'm so impressed that you got so much broccoli--good job! and way to stick with picking out the worms.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP