Saturday, November 22, 2008

What's up here in Indy??

Not much, I tell you!! The weather has put a major damper on things in more ways than one, so we've been cooped up inside for the past couple weeks. It's just been so darn cold. What was I thinking when I actually thought Indy might be a little more "mild" in the winter!!?? Kassie goes to school every day except Friday so we basically go from school, to the garage, to the house and that's it. You know you're desperate and running out of things to do when you let your kids play with flour while you're baking bread. I know, I know, boo hoo!!!! I'll get over it. I'm just "adjusting" back into those nasty-cold-grey days.
Lee was on "home call" today, actually Plastic Surgery Face Call. Don't be deceived when you hear the word home or think that face call isn't bad because, as all you med. wives know, it shouldn't be called "home call" because they get called in no matter what. In fact Lee got called in twice today but did come back after each call. And as you can imagine, each time he left, the kids immediately go into the "Noooo Daddy, don't leave me" crying fits. So yes, Lee gets to sleep on the really hard hospital bed tonight because he got called in at 10 p.m. because a prisoner got in a fight. And that's another boo hoo!!
I did get to go out with some girl friends to see the new Twilight movie last night!! That was fun to be able to hang out with friends except that the movie was..........not so good. It was really really cheesy and not getting my vote for a recommendation! I won't go into details.
Kassie has become quite the artist lately. She loves to draw. She also is really into Polly Pockets lately too. Kassie had a Thanksgiving program at her preschool this week which was very entertaining and cute. I didn't get any good pictures because our camera zooms in about two feet, so no luck on that. We also had preschool here at our house this week. We did the letter K. Monday was K is for Kangaroos. The girls made kangaroo puppets and had a puppet show. Then on Wednesday we did K is for Kindness and Kite. We played a friendship game and made kites which we flew inside.
Tommy has a love hate relationship with preschool at our house. He really wants to participate and do exactly what the girls are doing but doesn't always understand he has to take turns and be cooperative. His agenda just doesn't quite go with what we're doing so it causes problems and he usually has to go for a time out in his crib. I know...poor guy, just wants to be apart of the group. Tommy is kind of on a roll with the "I'm almost terrible-two phase". He likes to close his eyes really tight, open up is mouth really wide, and scream "NOOOOOOOO". You know, like when he doesn't get his way, and when he doesn't want to eat what he's been given.

And there you have it, a rambling semi-update on the Richardson household.

Goodnight!

5 comments:

Vaughn Mathis November 24, 2008 at 10:53 PM  

I feel for you. I really do! Sending you a SUPER BIG VIRTUAL HUG!

I think I found the secret to getting V to sleep through the night... Trev on call, me unable to sleep (insomnia) and he'll sttn... and yet I am STILL dead tired the next day.

Go figure... picky kid... :)

R November 24, 2008 at 11:59 PM  

Great update! It's fun to hear how things are going. I must admit I hate this weather too. It IS an adjustment. We finally braved it and went on a walk in the rain today just because we HAD to get out.
Happy Thanksgiving!

CamilleJohnFam November 25, 2008 at 12:23 AM  

I can understand the whole husband gone issue. John is on night float and is messed up. he is tired all the time and can fall asleep anytime even directly after sleeping 6-7 hours while sitting on the couch or playing with the kids. We'll be glad when that is over. (Sunday is his last day)

J.R. and Meg +3 November 27, 2008 at 9:25 PM  

So good to get the update. Hope you had a fun Thanksgiving and that it wasn't too cold there. I haven't heard many good things about the Twilight movie--too bad. Anyways, wish we could hang out. Talk to you soon.

Anna November 28, 2008 at 10:31 PM  

Boo for bad weather. We did however manage to brave the cold to rake up the leaves. I think Grant was happy for a week just because of that little excursion.

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP