Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Year Of The Ant

I don't think there really is the year of the ant but seeing how this summer has been here at the Richardson household, I can say it IS the year of the ant for us. It all started in our garden. I noticed one of the pepper plants was not growing and decided to check the soil. Sure enough, there were ANTS every where!!!! Little tiny red pests munching away in MY garden!! We've noticed ant piles outside here and there but nothing too bad. Then......they made their first appearance in my CUPBOARD!!! SUGAR ANTS!! AGHHH! Those oh soooo tiny pesky things were in every cereal box, cracker bag, and snack that I owned. Well, just in that cupboard but yes I had to throw away everything! So, I sprayed and got the ant bait that supposedly works the best because they take the bait back to their nest. I love to think of ant nests in my house. Well, to play things safe I did call Terminix and I did pay way too much money for them to come and do their thing. That was three weeks ago and the update is......they are back. This time it was the dishwasher. I know you are probably thinking, "gosh, why doesn't she just clean her kitchen!!" I do! I am not perfect though and can probably do better! I do admit there were some crumbs in my cupboard. Terminix is coming back tomorrow free of charge. Let's hope they have some SUPER bait that will take care of business!

5 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 July 29, 2009 at 10:16 AM  

No fun!! Hopefully things clear up quickly. A summer, or rather year to remember though. We have these killer red ants that bite you here.

Anna July 30, 2009 at 7:46 PM  

Booooo...I hate ants. We had them in our condo in SLC and they made me so mad. Terminix better freaking come back and get rid of them.

Mikey and Mindy July 31, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Some days I almost look forward to the bitter winter so those pesky ants that i've seen all summer can crawl back to their holes and live off my food storage they've taken away.

Katie August 7, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

Good luck getting rid of them. Let me know what works so I can get rid of mine!

lisa h. August 24, 2009 at 8:55 AM  

oh man....so is it under control now? that is not fun...esp finding them in your cereal!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP