Monday, October 31, 2011

Kassie's 7th Birthday







Kass turned 7 on October 10th. She requested an ice cream cake. This year was a family year, so we celebrated with just us. We usually let the kids pick a restaurant for their birthday dinner. I was surprised when Kassie picked the Hibachi Grill instead of McDonald's. That was definitely ok with Lee and I despite the large price difference.
The big hits this year were a Pikachu pillow pet which Samantha tried to steal multiple times and a Harry Potter Lego set. She still really likes Harry Potter and LOVES Pokemon!
Kass is skinny! Her legs swim in her skinny jeans. She eats like crazy though and by the time she gets into her bed at night, she says she's hungry again. (we're working on that) Kassie has an incredible memory and definitely has a gift for words. I honestly dread thinking about her as a teenager talking back to me. She'll probably "win" every time. She loves to read! In fact, every night she tries to stay up late and read in the dark. She's really outgoing and wears her emotions on her sleeve though. Unfortunately, she still has eczema and is allergic to peanuts, walnuts, and pecans. She really wishes that she will grow out of her allergies but I don't think she will.
Lately when I see Kass, she looks so grown up and tall. I miss the days when it was just me and her. She would try to boss me around as an 18 month old and say, "Mommy, no do dishes, or Mommy, no cooking!" She's changed so much over the years and sometimes I wish she could have stayed 6 for a bit longer.

1 comments:

J.R. and Meg +3 November 7, 2011 at 5:44 PM  

Can't believe she is 7!?! Has it really been that many years? Happy birthday to the one and only skinny bean!!

Blog Archive

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP